EMT Instructor Course Application
ETA is offering a hybrid EMS Instructor / Educational Methodology course. This
course is required for certification as a PA EMS Instructor and has also been accepted by the
PA State Fire Department for credentialing as a state Fire Instructor.
59 N. Bailey Road
Thorndale, PA 19372
Course Cost: $400
Class Dates: This class is done online. All coursework must be completed online prior to March 26th. Students can complete the final presentation either via recording or in-person at a pre-arranged time.
Upon successful completion of the course, students are given a certificate of
completion. Candidates must then complete other state requirements for
credentialing as an instructor. To be certified as an EMS Instructor, students must:
- Complete an application for EMS instructor certification on a form or through an electronic process, as prescribed by the Department.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Successfully complete an EMS instructor's course approved by the Department or possesses a bachelor's degree in education, a teacher's certification in education, a doctorate or master's degree.
- Complete at least 20 hours of instruction time in an EMS provider educational course monitored by a certified EMS instructor designated by the EMS educational institute's administrative director.
- Possess current certification as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
- Possess current certification in CPR or current certification as a CPR instructor.
- Possess at least 1 year of experience in providing EMS as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
Upon successful completion of the course, students in need of a training facility with which to complete the 20 hours of instruction, can do such with ETA.