EMT Instrucor Course Application
ETA is offering a hybrid EMS Instructor / Educational Methodology course. This
course is required for certification as a PA EMS Instructor and has also been accepted by the
PA State Fire Department for credentialing as a state Fire Instructor.
59 N. Bailey Road
Thorndale, PA 19372
Course Cost: $400
Class Dates: This class starts on July 27, 2020 (virtual start) with the coursework all completed online, although you can request early access. All coursework must be completed online prior to September 1, 2020 when students will deliver their final presentations in person at our facility in Thorndale starting at 6:00pm.
Upon successful completion of the course, students are given a certificate of
completion. Candidates must then complete other state requirements for
credentialing as an instructor. To be certified as an EMS Instructor, students must:
- Complete an application for EMS instructor certification on a form or through an electronic process, as prescribed by the Department.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Successfully complete an EMS instructor's course approved by the Department or possesses a bachelor's degree in education, a teacher's certification in education, a doctorate or master's degree.
- Complete at least 20 hours of instruction time in an EMS provider educational course monitored by a certified EMS instructor designated by the EMS educational institute's administrative director.
- Possess current certification as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
- Possess current certification in CPR or current certification as a CPR instructor.
- Possess at least 1 year of experience in providing EMS as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
Upon successful completion of the course, students in need of a training facility with which to complete the 20 hours of instruction, can do such with ETA.