American Heart Association Heartsaver® First Aid
Course Description: Heartsaver First Aid is a classroom course that is designed to meet OSHA regulations to provide basic first aid in the first 5 minutes prior to the arrival of EMS. The course teaches basic first aid skills such as:
• Stopping bleeding that can be seen
• Helping someone with a possible broken bone or sprain
• Making sure the scene is safe
• First Aid Basics
• Medical Emergencies
• Traumatic Injuries
• Environmental emergencies
Target Audience: The course provides basic information and employee training for:
• Boy Scout / Girl Scout Leaders
• Company First Aid Personnel
• Designated first responders
• Individuals needing credentialed training for job or regulatory requirements
• Select departments or an entire workplace
Certification: The American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
Course Length: First Aid Only - 1.5 hours; First Aid and CPR 4.5 hours
Course Cost: $125 (CPR & First Aid) $90 (First Aid Only)
Need a class that's not scheduled with more than 6 students? Give us a call!
This course is available through a traditional classroom approach or through online learning with an in-class practical skills session. Email us for additional information or to schedule a class for your organization.